Tuesday, September 7, 2010

laugh or cry

life is funny, laugh or cry.
i'm afraid that when god made brooke, i drew the short stick with knowledge.
but my cup runneth over with humor.
so the not so "funny" things that happen in life, still make me laugh.
here are a few conversations i've had as of late that could have gone either way....
but thankfully ended in laughter.
*
aiden: hey bwooke.
bwooke: yes.
aiden: um, your kind of chubby.... but i still wove you.
*
brooke: will you please deposit this into my checking account.
co-worker 1: sure, why do you have a "wedding share"? it's not like your ever going to need it.
{best part, she was DEAD serious}
*
co-worker 2: brooke, did you have a really fun weekend?
brooke: it was fun. but nothing special. why?
co-worker 2: well your normally look better than you do today, so i just thought you may have had too much fun this weekend.
*
brooke: your baby is so cute! how old is she?
asian member: 9 months old. when is your baby due?
brooke: funny thing, i'm not pregnant.
*
oakley: hey bwooke, when's that baby in your tummy going to come out?
*
mom: is it our year for thanksgiving?
brooke: ummm... let me ask my husband. oh wait. yep it is.
*
good thing i can laugh... or i may be doing a lot of crying.
all is well that ends well.
{seriously, i'm grateful that i've been blessed with the ability to laugh. and not take myself too serious}

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh. What is wrong with your coworkers? And I am sorry about my kids. They say the same things to me...

But we all love you and everyone loves being around Brooke because you ARE so funny and so much fun!

Andrea said...

You are HILARIOUS! I'm so glad a know ya just so I can read your blog! I love that I can say I have the cutest, funniest niece around!

Jamie said...

You really are the funniest/funnest person around. How lucky am I that I get to hang out with you? Loved Monday. And I hate to say it, but I'm not loving my red/orange shirt.

hbentley said...

I am so glad that you are able to laugh at life. That is one of the many things I love about you. You are always so fun to be around. I love to laugh when I am with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Beautiful--glad you can laugh at yourself!! I laughed too!!!