Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving...Marathon Shopping...Work....

Thanksgiving dinner with the Jensen side of the family. As always the Dodee food was delicious, the company was great, and I was thankful to have both! Apparently I'm the giant in the family, I think these pictures prove my point.
A plan was born..... we decided to be crazies and pull an all nighter of shopping knowing darn well that I had nine hours of work the following day. Were we crazy...YES!!!!
First stop of the night... New Moon. I'm in no way into the Twilight sagas, but I choose Team Jacob! HELLO BODY!!!! Our movie ended at 12:30 so we headed to SouthTowne Mall, we had no idea of what we were in for! It was the CRAZIEST thing I've ever seen in my entire life. We didn't really buy anything but it was worth the experience.... I did snap at Jenny and some lady thought I was a total crazy! I even ran into my dear friend Meagan and her man Chris!
After mall madness, we had to refuel our engines at Denny's. Diet Coke was the liquid of choice and a large amount was consumed. I made an extremely intoxicated friend who refused to leave me alone. He was a treat... NOT!!!!
After Denny's we had sometime to kill before Kohl's opened. So what does one do at 3:45 in the morning?! Visit the Temple of course! After the Temple it was off to Kohl's we were on a mission to obtain door busters, so I forgot to take a picture... but it was CRAZY!
Walmart, the definition of insanity! I don't think these pictures even begin to do it justice... this is when I really started to get tired, however being tired was NOT an option!
After Walmart was Target due to the fact that by this point I was delirious, I neglected to document that stop. Next Old Navy, I was so tired sick of shopping that I didn't even look at one thing.... I absolutely hit my wall... and I still had nine hours of work ahead of me!
After being up ALL night, it was off to work for nine hours. We decorated our branch for Christmas, I'll be honest the day was mostly a blur. I don't remember much of work, and I thank my lucky stars that my drawer balanced at the end of the day.
Everyone keeps asking me if it was worth staying up all night. If I didn't have to work the next day ABSOLUTELY, but seeing is that I did, and it was increidble miserable, maybe not.

4 comments:

Jill Clark said...

It was totally worth it! I know, I know, I didn't have to go to work, but I loved it all! I think it was one of the best idea's and turned out to be so much fun. Thanks for being so spontaneous with me.

Anonymous said...

You guys are honestly crazy!!! I can only imagine all the deals I missed since I wasn't along for the fun.

And hello!!! You look so cute in all those family pics - especially at Thanksgiving. Still LOVING that yellow sweater. Maybe the most amazing thing ever made. And I love the newly trimmed bangs. Can't wait to see you Tues. night!

PS - what is Jenny's sweatshirt?

Shannon said...

I agree with Jamie - you guys are CRAZY!! (but SO much fun). Is Jenny going through a Disney phase?

hbentley said...

You guys are crazy!! I honestly can't believe that you pulled an alnighter and then work. You are a true black friday shopper.
It was way fun once we hooked up.