What did I do with a four day weekend? I found out what it was like to be a parent... Friday morning Heidi was scheduled to have her baby, so Thursday night I headed to her house to sleepover so they could leave EARLY. Thus being a parent comes into play. I had James and Josh from there on out, until today. They were such good boys for me and I LOVED having them. (I'm actually a little sad tonight not having them around.) Due to flu season the boys didn't get to meet their new little brother until today when he came home, but they were so cute, and SO excited all weekend. We kept ourselves busy with coloring, decorating, visits to the hospital (even though we couldn't see Jackson), trips to Grandma's, sleepover with Aiden and Andrew, and so forth. I really did have so much fun with those boys and couldn't love them anymore.
Saturday Brad took the boys for a while, so I headed to the hospital so I could spend sometime with Heidi and baby. I'm pretty sure I over stayed my welcome, but I just couldn't get enough of baby Jackson. I did give Heidi a good foot and leg rub, so maybe that counteracts my overstayed welcome?
I think all of us didn't get enough sleep all weekend. Every time we would stop moving for 5 minutes or more those boys were out, I guess it could just be that I'm pretty fun! We colored pictures for Heidi and took them to the hospital so we could give them to her. The boys were so cute, they drew pictures of themselves so they could give them to baby Jackson so he could see what they looked like. I had the time of my life with those boys, and am thankful for the health of both Heidi and Jackson.
6 comments:
You are such a good Aunt and Sister!
I've said it before, but you deserve the Wonder Woman, Best Aunt/Sister, Most Amazing Girl of the Year awards - yes, every one of those.
And the reason for the Best Sister award, is because you cleaned my blinds, sat by my side while I roamed the internet, and loved on Annie while I shopped.
sasdifjsdfa - whoa, that little blurp was when I was trying to type with my good eye closed.
You are wonder woman!! And I am sure James and Josh loved every minute of it!
I am jealous you got to hold Jackson though. I NEED to get out there!
You are WONDER WOMAN #2
Wish you were around when I had my kids!!! Thanks for the cute pictures!!!!
BRooke, you were so wonderful this weekend. The boys had so much fun with you. I have to say that the picture of the boys sleeping in your car is great. I think you are just to much fun.
Thank you for all your help. The house looked amazing as well when we got home.
Thank you for everything.
He is way too cute! I love it, and you're such a good aunt!
Post a Comment