I know, I've been on a blogging hiatus. Unfortunately I don't have any good reason, other then I feel like nothing of consequence is going on in my life. I go to school Monday through Thursday by 7:00 a.m., yes seven, and also Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00 to 12:20. (fun lunch uh?!) I'm still working 40 hours a week. Naturally that doesn't leave much time to do other fun things... I wish I had something oh so excited to blog about, but alas I do not. So, I will blog about the boring things going on in my life. The real life, the not so glamorous things in everyday life. Now no one can complain about how boring their life is....
-Money has been tight lately! And by tight I mean, tighter then a fat person in spandex! I think I've made it through my biggest expenses, but I'm incredibly depressed every time I look at my account. I think I need to seriously revisit a budget, and pray that I'll win the lottery.
-I feel so blessed to have work right now, not only work, but a job that I really do enjoy. Things aren't perfect there, and there is one thing that could make it better, but I choose to ignore the Village Idiot most days.
-Yesterday Verizon Wireless sent me over the edge, I did something I've never done. I called the customer service department and vented my frustration. I know I can be an outspoken person, but when I'm upset I have a hard time getting myself to say something. So it felt oh so good to say something yesterday! Good job Brooke.
-I feel like I live alone right now, which makes me sad, but I'm grateful I have a house. Actually in general I feel quite alone. I feel like I'm in need of a special someone, wither that means a best friend or a boyfriend. It's ok though, I'm praying for someone and I'll take whatever I'm given. I know prayers are answered.
-I love the pink, red, and hearts that are every where right now, not because I like Valentine's day, but because it signifies my day of birth! In case you didn't know I L-O-V-E my birthday... I just need something to do now.
-Haiti.... breaks my little heart.
-I've decided that I'm quite a sass. Not because of my attitude, but because of my clothes. Judge me if you'd like for being self confident, maybe even a tad arrogant, but I decided this week I really like my clothes. It's joy in the simple things in life right?
-Math is a real struggle this semester... the fact that's it's at 7am doesn't help, but I think my teacher is 101 years old. I concentrate so much on the fact that he is still living that I tend to not absorb the information being presented. Moving on to English there are so REAL characters in there. I think 90% of my class decided to try college out the day class started. Which kind of makes me mad. I had to take a placement test to get into English 1010, I didn't score high enough so I had to take Writing 990. How did these crazies place into that class!? BOO!
-I did something brave, three weeks ago. I finally told Kason I couldn't be even a friend to him anymore. It's so hard letting go of people who have met so much to you. Kason was my first real love and moving on has been a task. Sometimes to move forward we have to be willing to let go 100%. I wish him nothing but the best in life.
-I feel very grateful for my friends. Life has taken us all in very different ways, and it's incredible to me how close most of us have stayed. We've lost one, but I think it's been her loss not ours.
-Anyone has Haggerman's sugar cookies!? Yum-e!
-I recently found a quote that I really like, nay love, "We are only as happy as we make up our minds to be." Abe Lincoln.
-I'm terribly self conscious of my spelling. I've never been to good at it.
-Why is it that my bronzer, hairspray, and toothpaste all run out on the same day?! :(
This is it folks, all I have to offer!
13 comments:
Sounds like life has been busy! I am so glad you enjoy your work place, it makes a difference huh?!? Please know you are a very special and beautiful woman. I only wish we lived closer to one another. Hey just remember to always smile, 'cause you have a great one! I love and miss you so much, take care.
I have many things to say about this post. First let me begin by thanking you for the great night tonight!! good food Good chat and good company! (and good bronzer!! lol)
I am glad to finally see a post from you! =)
That someone that you have been praying for...let it be me! ....(until something better comes along) because that same subject has also entered my prayers!
The clothes thing.....spot on! You ARE a sass and a daNG good one! you are HOT and always look so freakin cute! I want to raid your closet....please?
And your quote is perfect and something that I need to keep in mind! So thanks for that!!
I love how real this post is Brooke. Sometimes it's nice to know you're not the only one having a tough time in life. But I will say this: you are one remarkable person. I know you do SO much for other people that goes unnoticed and probably unappreciated, but the fact remains that you make life happier for the people around you. Lately I have been marveling over the fact that even though my life doesn't make sense and hurts sometimes, Heavenly Father is still creating something of value from me/with me. It's usually after the fact that I realize this (I wish it was sooner). I'm sure the same goes for you. Have a wonderful day Brooke. You deserve it.
Brookie you are so cute! You have so much going on in your life right now! You will find that special someone when you least expect it and won't he be lucky?!!!
I love the honesty (and the randomness). You're a doll face and I know your prayers will be answered. I so remember being in that phase of life. It's a rough one, but so necessary for the rest of your life's happiness. Wishing for all things happy to come your way.
xoxo
You're stinking adorable!!! :)
Brooke-
Don't forget that i have a 100% completely free ski pass reserved for you to use on any day that we both have off. we'll take pictures and you can blog about it!
Cute Brooke, so i have a random question...i know this is weird but call me my number is 480-455-2553..hope to hear from you soon!
Oh Brooke,
I love you and don't worry, Chris feels the same way about the village idiot.... I can tell you the same things I said to Chris about him.. but probably not on here. OH and can I tell you I am so glad I am not the lost friend!!! And don't worry about finding someone special.. he will find you when you least expect it I know I tell you that all the time but seriously!!! And you are such an amazing person, he will be the one to find you and when he does he will fall in love with you instantly I know it!!! See you in like 20 minutes for Wingers, we will have a good time, maybe I will drop my fork or something!!!
Oh Brookie! I am so glad you posted, but I am bummed that you are bummed out. You are an awesome person and light up any room you are in. We can hang out if you'd like. Maybe we can find a Mexican restaurant with some Churros like Don Pedros!!
Anyways, do you have a date to watch the Grammy's with or do you want to watch it with me and the Hoard?
Oh!!! my Brooke. First, I don't want you to feel alone. That is a crappy feeling. You are always welcome at the Bentley abode, but it is not exciting AT ALL these days. If you ever are feeling like sitting and staring into space wondering what you are going to do...please stop by. I think I live most days in a fog.
I am so proud of you for telling Kason you can't be friends. I know it hurts, but I am sure you will find someone.
I am always up for Haggerman's Sugar cookies. Nothing like a cookie and a diet coke to dull the pain.
Brooke...I love you and think you are an amazing person. You are always thinking of others and ways that you can serve. I know somethings might be tough right now (7 am class) but atleast you know it will end.
Brooke, love from my heart to yours!
Wow you have a lot of things going on! Im proud of you for letting go of someone who was keeping you down (your ex). I cant believe your pulling in that many hours at work + school. good job! Your special someone will come, I found when ever I stop looking for something.. I find it. =] I read your bra blog too.. it looks super nice! wish those things didnt costs so much for a good one!!
Post a Comment