Sunday, October 4, 2009

S.G.

St. George is one of my most favorite places on earth... This past weekend some of the family went down for a few different reasons, but holy cow.... we had FUN!!! The weekend was filled with golfing, swimming, marathons, Vegas, kids, shopping, eating, more shopping, and yet more eating.
Dad and I went golfing on Thursday, listen I might not be Tiger, but I held my own. I was surprised how much I liked golfing and can't wait to get out there again. Another big surprise my dad didn't kill me, I was concerned about golfing with someone who takes it serious. It ended up being so much fun, and a great father daughter bonding time.
Oh little Oakley... I'm not even a parent but I looked forward to nap time every day. I seriously don't know how Trent and Amy do it day in and day out. Hats off to them. However their kids are so cute, and made for some good laughs. Four words.... Aiden, closed screen door!!! :) HAHAHA!!!!
Amy and I had some serious fun together. I thought so many times how lucky our family is to have such an awesome sister-in-law. (and come November 11th we'll get another one) Amy and I went to lots of stores together, and laughed until we cried. Honestly I had so much fun with Amy this weekend! I'll probably experience separation withdrawals without her for the next few days.

We made our way South to Vegas to see Jake and Candice's new pad. This is the love birds being reunited. Their house is so cute! And while in Vegas we tired a wonderful BBQ joint, two thumbs up from me!!!
Swimming and lots of it!
Now to the highlight of the trip... Saturday morning we made our way to the finish line of the marathon to watch Trent finish. Honestly he is just incredible! He ran the course in 2 hours 45 minutes, and finished 34 overall. I don't know how he does it, but he makes me proud to be his sister! It was so fun to be at the finish line and watch him finish. (On a side note, I have no idea why anyone runs marathons, I was tired just from watching people run!)
MY FAVORITE RUNNER!

The second highlight of the trip... The Brickoven, now conveniently located in St. George. While the boys were at priesthood and Amy's mom kindly took the kids we made our way to feed our faces... One word... YUMMY!!!! :)

St. George was so much fun, and was just about perfect! I'm already looking forward to the next trip down South.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a great recap! I loved it all! That is such a cute pic of you and Dad. He called me while you guys were down there and said what a good time he had golfing with you and that you were actually pretty good. Nice work!

Way to go Trent! I'm tired just looking at the pics!

So sorry I missed all the fun - again!

hbentley said...

I am sorry we missed all the good times. I am very impressed that you went golfing. Hats off to you. I can't even drive the ball on the driving range. Well done.
I can't believe Trent he is seriously amazing.

Amy said...

HHHOOOOUUUU! THAT IS SO CUTE!

LOVED this weekend with you and I love the fact that you didn't get sick of me! I agree with you, I might have Brooke withdrawals over the next few days...

ps I tried on my boots with a skirt and I think I LOVE it. You need to come give me your opinion.

Andrea said...

How FUN! Looks like you had a great time! You guys are all so much fun!

Anonymous said...

You ought to enter some of those pictures in a contest--especially the one of you and your Dad. Glad you have such neat relatives to share fun with!!! (and one more to come soon--look likes she fits right in!)

Miss Lacey said...

I was at the Brickoven during preisthood too!!! And I was at the finish line in the morning. Can't believe I didn't see you guys!