Saturday was a sad day for me.... I got in my first car accident.... worst part, it was my fault! Here's how it went down. Jill and I had just left her bridal shower in Holiday and were headed to Sandy to pick out Tuxedos. I was driving west on I-215, I was approaching construction and traffic was going from three lanes down to two. I was traveling in the middle lane, there was a semi truck to my right and I was a little worried about him coming over into my lane. {I was in his blind spot} I looked at the semi and then back to my lane, unfortunately when I looked back traffic had stopped.... I was going about 50 mph so I just hit my breaks but knew I wasn't going to stop in time... CRUNCH! I hit the car in front of me! Me and the car that I hit moved over to the right shoulder and waited for the cops to show up.... I was in tears, and cried for the rest of that day... I could make this a REALLY long story and go into some serious details, but I'll spare you. A $500 deductible, $120 ticket, $4,700 in damage to my car alone! Were moving on.... The moral of the story. "Unfortunately in the State of Utah it's illegal to hit the car in front of you." says Trooper Cox
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Sigh....
Saturday was a sad day for me.... I got in my first car accident.... worst part, it was my fault! Here's how it went down. Jill and I had just left her bridal shower in Holiday and were headed to Sandy to pick out Tuxedos. I was driving west on I-215, I was approaching construction and traffic was going from three lanes down to two. I was traveling in the middle lane, there was a semi truck to my right and I was a little worried about him coming over into my lane. {I was in his blind spot} I looked at the semi and then back to my lane, unfortunately when I looked back traffic had stopped.... I was going about 50 mph so I just hit my breaks but knew I wasn't going to stop in time... CRUNCH! I hit the car in front of me! Me and the car that I hit moved over to the right shoulder and waited for the cops to show up.... I was in tears, and cried for the rest of that day... I could make this a REALLY long story and go into some serious details, but I'll spare you. A $500 deductible, $120 ticket, $4,700 in damage to my car alone! Were moving on.... The moral of the story. "Unfortunately in the State of Utah it's illegal to hit the car in front of you." says Trooper Cox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thank you Trooper Cox.
That is what makes an accident worse though, is you have to pay to get your car fixed AND you have to pay a ticket. Totally suck, but I am glad you and Jill are all right. Things could have been much worse!
crappy. but, blame road construction. it's always road construction's fault... because it's e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e!
YIKES!!! I'm glad you guys are ok. Stupid construction.
Ugh. I'm so sorry. I hate that.
Glad you're moving on!! You looked darling today at lunch so start singing in the rain!!! You've got lots of people that love you and think you're wonderful including me!!!
I am so happy I ran into you!! :)
Post a Comment