my name is brooke jensen, and i've always liked who i am inside and out. however, like every girl i have my insecurities. my biggest one has ALWAYS been my weight. i've always sized myself up to other girls.
"are my thighs as big as hers?"
"is my tummy as flat as hers?"
"is that what my body looks like?"
yadda, yadda, yadda...
i've always tired to roll my weight concerns off my back like i didn't care, but the truth is i really do care. so this morning when i weighed myself i hit a new low, and by low i mean high. now the only reason i'm posting the number the scale told me is because i'm ready to do something about it! without further ado....
YIKES, right?! i'd say so.so this is where i set myself up for a challenge. now that i've told you that number i have to do something about it....
i brooke jensen will be down to 170 by the end of this year. i don't know how i'll do it, but i will.
7 comments:
Kuddos to you for posting this on the world wide web. I think it is the best way to get results though. If everyone knows about it then you feel accountable to everyone too. I can't wait to start working out together.
This is going to be BIG....or should I say small.
brave, thats what you are
Good luck to ya, Sister! The best way I know of to lose weight is to be accountable to someone...DAILY. I wrote down everything I ate throughout the day, and I mean everything, and emailed it each night to Celeste who was doing the same thing back to me. I also posted my morning weight and exercise done for the day. May not work for everyone, but I lost 16 lbs. doing it this way.
I maintain that weight now by just eating smaller portions. I don't deny myself anything, but just eat less of it.
We're proud of you for your desire and self-control!!!! GOOD LUCK
Way to go Brooke!! I have total faith that you will reach your goal!!
you say your insecure, and that just showed nothing but straight up courage! Brooke, you inspire me. You are so honest with everyone and yourself.
You may think that just cause your not married and dont have babies yet that it means your not on the path you should be.. well let me tell you that if we werent in Utah people would LAUGH if they heard how young you were worried about things like that. I got married SO young (I still am young) I got married at 18!! I didnt have much support cause well, people thought for sure I was knocked up (even though I had a temple marriage) . I look back on it and cant imagine anyone being married that young! I wouldnt take back what my life has given me by any means cause this is what was intended for my life. I want you to be able to enjoy being single and finding out who you are as a women. You will find that person and have those babies when the lord feels its right in your life!
I too am very insecure about the way I look. I didnt get braces till I was a senior in highschool cause my family couldnt afford them. I never had a problem with dating or getting friends and was told my teeth were not bad at all but I was ALWAYS feeling when people looked at me they saw nothing but my unperfect smile , It made it really hard for to me to be social. Once I got the smile I always wanted I found a new me! & After I had Neil for months I was constantly worrying about how I looked to others. I obsessed over my weight. 18 months later I am just now getting to be ok with the way I look. Its not the actual number that you weigh cause everyone carries weight differently. What matters is if you are comfortable with the way you look! I wish you success in your endeavor! Im here as a friend if you ever want me =) my email is chloesmith947@gmail.com if you want my number or anything. xoxo
Brooke, girl, you're awesome! (Disclaimer: I've been told that I'm "too honest" with friends of mine. And that I need to learn how to keep my thoughts to myself. I never listen though!) I'm not bold enough to share the exact numbers, but I put on a few extra lbs last year, let me try that again. I put on QUITE a few lbs after I left Utah, back to Oregon. One of my close friends pointed it out to me, I have no idea why/how this conversation started, but he basically told that I needed to get in shape. So, I thought about it, realized he was right, and I made a few plans. I limited myself to 2000 calories a day, NO Soda, Candy, or dessert, and I went to the gym 4-5 times a week for about 45-60 minutes each time. I lost 20 lbs, in 12 weeks. Sadly, I've gained 4 of them back in the last 6 weeks, but I just can't say no to egg nog. It's my ultimate weakness.
Now forgetting about my story, let's talk about you. I can HONESTLY say, pinkie promise, that I think you look great! You're a beautiful girl! You're a stunning, drop dead gorgeous girl! If you feel like you want to lose a few lbs, then do what I did. Cut ALL Soda, Dessert, and Candy! Eat healthy! By healthy, I mean NO FAST FOOD! I didn't touch any potato chips, or any candy. The only fast food place that I would go to, was Subway. From which, I never bought soda or chips with my order, and I stayed with the healthy section of the sub menu, and would only eat a 6" sub.
Basically, I found out that if I was eating healthy, exercising, and all-in-all staying active, it seemed to just disappear. The first 4 weeks though, they were hell. (Can I say that?) I swear, for the first few weeks, my Mom always had dessert, and was always offering it to me, or telling me to eat seconds or thirds. It was tough! But, with a strong commitment, I was able to do it.
It was great seeing you today, well, yesterday since it's 2:15 AM, but I hope all is well!
Post a Comment