Thursday, November 6, 2008

What has our world come to?!

I don't know who saw the story on KSL tonight about the heat the Church is taking for taking a stand on yes to prop 8. Hundreds of gay and lesbians protested outside the LA Temple today in efforts to prove a point. They were upset because the prop only passed by a small margin due to the money the church members "unwillingly" gave to the church. (so they think!) They now are raising money and for every donation a post card is sent to President Thomas S. Monson letting him know what they think about prop 8. I honestly don't understand why OUR Church is the only one taking heat for this. It makes me so sad to see that our world has literally come to this, it makes me sick. How sad that someone or something that decides to stand up for moral rights is persecuted and degraded. Tonight watching that story I wasn't mad, but my heart just broke. This is a Church and a prophet that I love so much coming under fire for standing up for what is right! I have been so proud to be a member of a church that is willing to stand up for what is right, especially when it's such an unpopular and controversial stand! I hope and pray that the appeal to the California Supreme Court isn't passed, but in today's world who knows. If you want to watch or read the story here is the link http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4724432 , just a waring it really is sickening to watch!

On a much more positive note, HOW 'BOUT THEM UTES!?!??!?!?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was really bothered by it as well. Really bothered. I was trying to go to sleep, but couldn't get my mind to settle down as I was thinking about it. It's all makes me so sad. I hate thinking of sending Annie out into today's world.

Anonymous said...

PS - I really like your new, simple blog.

Amy said...

I didn't see the news, but that makes me mad. I am afraid it is only going to get worse though...

hbentley said...

GO UTES!!!

I can't believe the heat the church is taking. I guess they just need someone to blame.