Being home is Salt Lake is wonderful! I love all the time I get with my family and I love the Salt Lake Valley. However I feel like I've had a hard time finding my place up here. In St. George I feel like I knew who I was, I fit in with my friends, I had a job that I was good at and that I loved. Up here I just haven't found my niche yet. I was real with myself and I knew that life would be very different from how it was prior to St. George, however I didn't anticipate feeling like I didn't fit it. I don't feel that way with my family at all, but I do with the people my age. A lot of the girls my age have serious boyfriends, are engaged, or even married.... I however am no where near any of those. A lot of the people my age are also well into their schooling and know what they are doing with their lives, I however don't have that either. I feel like because of my time in St. George I missed out on bonding experiences with my friends, and I'm kind of the odd man out. I want to find somewhere up here that I just fit. I've yet to find that, I guess in essence I'm still the new kid on the block. I'm trying my best to be ok with where I am in life and realize that you only get each stage of your life once. I think back to Jamie's post about it "It won't be like this for long." I know it won't... I know I need to work on finding the good in where I am in life and realized that those things I desire will come... just not in my time!
Each day I strive to do what's right and to be the BEST Brooke that I can be. I don't know where I belong yet, but everyday I look to find it. I know good things comes to those who wait... so I'll wait, and even better then that I'll work on being ok with waiting. I'm doing my best to take everyday as it comes, and to relish in the moment, does it sound like I'm doing a good job?! Don't get me wrong I'm a very happy person, and I feel like I'm doing good things in my life. I just want to find that place where I'm happy and content. But then again maybe it's not about finding that place, but it's about making your life that place. Who knows? What I do know is that someone has a great plan for me, and this just part of that plan!
6 comments:
I do think this time in your life is a hard one. I remember feeling much the same way when I was in your shoes - having been away at school for a couple of years and then moving home and trying to find a spot. But, you're right - you'll find it - and I'm sure the things you're doing right now are helping to establish that new niche. That seems to be how things work out. The blessings come while we're praying for them - but we just can't see them sometimes until later.
Hang in there.
xoxo
Ditto to what Annie said, except the part about living away from home to go to school. I never did that. If you need, you can come searching for your place and hang out at house! We always love having you over to play!
I think I know your place in life: Living with ME!
All seriousness, you will find it. You are Brooke and you make the best of every situation. I think learning to fit in is what helps you grow the most. You'll get there. I love you lots and you can always be my friend!
You're adorable, and HILARIOUS!!!!! and.. everyone loves you!! :) some little prince is out there searching for you just like you are for him! You're time will come! be patient my love! XO
Hey I accidently deleted your email that you sent with your address...can you send it again...
And response to your very sweet but not true comment...i am always amazed how perfect you look in EVERY picture.Your beautiful gaL!
Love
Alex
oh my email is ahansen2009@live.com
I love you. How cute are your little insights? You really are the best. I'm sure it's hard to figure life out, but I'm so glad to have you around while you do it. Thanks for sharing you time with us. We cherish every Brooke minute we get.
Post a Comment