- it's time for one of thoughts posts. i've got things on my mind. lots of them.
- there is a scary movies playing in the other room {loud}. so i'm listening to my jon schmidt pandora station {loud} so i can't hear it.
- i hate scary movies.
- i buy. and buy. and buy. clothes. i don't know why. it's so impulsive and i don't need them. but something about something new... and an oh-so-perfect outfit that makes me happy. at least temporally.
- despite some peoples' opinion i'm thankful to be a member of a church that is still willing to make a moral stand on such a hot topic. you go pres packer!
- a friend of mine got married today... i didn't go to his wedding. why? because i'm a jerk. i want it to be me. so i didn't want to go be happy for him. do i sound like i'm 5? i should. because i wanted to cry every time i thought about it.
- did you catch this? how about this? l.o.v.e.d. them both.
- who ever invented math better watch his back.
- i have to speak in church on sunday. i've written and rewritten my talk 4 times tonight. i gave up and moved to blogging.
- people keep asking me if i want to get married... do you know what i want more than that? i just want to be someone's number one. i want to be someone's biggest priority. i want someone who wants to be with me because they love me. not because their husband is off to work or school. not because they need a girl's night out. not because they have nothing better to do. but because they love me, and there is nothing more important in the world then being with me. maybe that's asking too much.
- "When filled with God's love, we can do and see and understand things that we could not otherwise do or see or understand. Filled with His love, we can endure pain, quell fear, forgive freely, avoid contention, renew strength, and bless and help others in ways surprising even to us."
- last week i got pulled over, and by "pulled over" i mean the cop was on foot and held up a stupid stop sign, for speeding. when the cop handing me the ticket he said "i only wrote you for 5 over, but i HAD to give you a ticket" i wanted to say. "NO you didn't HAVE to give me ticket. you CHOOSE to." apparently he didn't listen in sunday school the day they talked about free agency.
- i've never felt more alone in life then i do right now.
- my new found love is reading the news paper. it makes me feel smart.
- i gave up diet coke. i was drinking upwards of 100 oz a day. i've given that up and am now drinking upwards of 125 oz of water a day.
- i registered for my second 5k. i'll train for this one. no need to pull my groin twice.
- my topic on sunday is "why does satan work so hard on 20 something year olds." i want to get up and say... "satans a bee-otch" and sit down. might not go over well, but i doubt they would ask me to speak again.
- i accidentally bought waterproof mascara. have you ever tired taking that crap off. i think i'm down about 100 lashes now.
that's all folks.
5 comments:
You rock. And I am sorry about the scary movie. And I hate when cops say, "I only put down that you were going 5 over" like their doing us a huge favor. Cop, if you really want to do us a favor, don't give us a ticket at all!!!
And I am sorry you feel so alone. If you hung out at home more often you wouldn't feel as lonely. My kids (and I) think you are the bomb. But I still know what you mean about finding that someone that holds you above everything else. Speaking of, has Mr BYU called you again?
I feel like you were maybe talking about me when you said that you want someone to hang out with you because they love you and not because her husband is at school. I have two words for you: "You're an idiot!".
I LOVED every second of our together time on Tues. Loved our forever long drive to PC. Loved having your to consult with on all my buys. So stop. Just stop right now.
I would also like to request at this time a blog post about our new purchases: boots, sweaters, ruffle shirts. All blog-worthy.
Love you to pieces.
Love your posts, love how you can express yourself so well. I'm not so good at that. You're awesome!
Love to hear how you feel about life! I'm not giving out advice these days but I'm glad you still have a testimony! Too many kids your age are droping out of the Church. If you write your talk down e-mail it to me!!!
elaine.johnson@msn.com Keepin touch
I am sorry you feel alone right now. I am sure you comment about being with other because husbands are at work and school was directed at all us sisters, but I hope you know that We always like being with you. It is hard when we have families of our own, but when we are with you....we are with you 100%, and lovin' every minute of it.
Good luck with your talk on Sunday. Brad has to speak as well Sunday.
Post a Comment