Thursday, October 21, 2010

tender mercies

tonight i laid in my bed with aiden.
{one of the five midgets at my house.}
he has the same problem i've had my whole life.
he l.o.v.e.s. to talk.
so do i.
and i've gotten in trouble for it my entire life.
aiden told me all about the "red" row in his kindergarten class.
how he sits by mathew, who is kind of wired, and changes his shoes too much.
he told me about his recees pieces at school today.
he counted them.
made patterns with them.
shared them.
and enjoyed them.
he snuggled right up to me...
he laid quietly for a minute.
i said, "i love you"
"me too"
my heart melted and the world was made right, if only for just a minute.

i as laid next to aiden and listened to him talked, and watched his precious little hands move, i felt like the luckiest girl in the world. life isn't always how we want it to be, no. but we do have "tender mercies" that show us their is someone who is very aware of us. in my quite {or not so quite} moment with aiden tonight i was over come with love for him. i couldn't imagine loving someone more. i didn't really want my time with him to end. i wanted him to tell me everything that was going through his little mind, i wanted him to know i WANTED to hear those things. i said a little prayer that he would always remember when "fun aunt brooke used to live with us". i hope he always remembers how much i love him. tonight was one of those "tender mercy" experiences. you know when the thought of the moment ending makes your heart hurt a little? you want to take a mental and emotional picture and remember it forever?

it was like that.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet.

Annie said...

Ohhhh. Sweet moment. Glad you took the time to capture it. xo

Unknown said...

oh goodness brookie. I love your posts. everyone of them make me smile. this one especially! I love moments like this. Nieces and Nephews are the best little things ever! so cute + I love this picture.

Miss Lacey said...

Well that's a cute little story, isn't it?

Andrea said...

I love that you love to talk! You know why??? You say about the funniest things ever. Cute post and experience for a very cute girl!

hbentley said...

You are so lucky to live with those little kiddos. I think it is wonderful that you were able to have a little moment with Aiden. I think it is wonderful you have those sweet feeling for your little nephew. I am sure he loved to be able to lay and talk with you. You are the best.

Anonymous said...

We all love FUN AUNT BROOKE!!!
Keep blogging about your feelings!

Amy said...

Cute post Brooke. I loved it. I guess I need to start being a good mom and taking time to talk to my kids...;)