i spent some of my lunch in the break room at my work.
somehow me and a co-worker ended up there at the same time.
we got to talking, and the next thing i know i'm spilling my guts to him.
i'm telling him everything from being the odd one out...
to having my heart broken by a certain boy.
our conversation went like this.
b: blah...blah...blah...he broke my heart, stupid boy!
d: you know... boys aren't everything.
b: i know, i know they aren't.
it just feels like they are sometimes.
d: but they aren't.
{i hate when married people offer advice like this.}
rolling my eyes i replied.
b: i wouldn't expect you to understand. your married.
d: right, but i haven't always been married.
what else was there to say?
i had been put in my place.
i thought about our conversation for the rest of the day. the more i thought about it, the more it was exactly what i needed to hear.
so whether it was inspired advice.
or a silly coincidence.
thanks.
thanks.
so cheers to free therapy in the break room at UFCU.
3 comments:
I think this is sweet but probably because I know it was you had the conversation with. When I asked him about said conversation he said, "She is easy to talk to because she is a lot like you." It's times like this that I remember why I fell in love with him in the first place :)
But back to the boys.....I'm determined to find you one who will make you happy and will love you the way you deserve to be loved. I told Dan I'm determined to make you part of our "group" somehow.
I can't understand why you are so anxious to find your husband and leave me! I am just reminding you of the 2 year plan!
Oh and I did talk to Sam the other day. I am hoping he calls you soon.
Maybe you need to talk to Bill for awhile!!!
Post a Comment