Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I feel a change in the winds says I.

*This is more of my own journaling purposes then anything else*

For the last two years I have been a resident of St. George Utah. I've worked at the St. George branch of Deseret Frist Credit Union. I've lived on my own, and haven't had anyone to answer to. Well my life is about to change, and it's going to change lots. May 1st (yes, Jill I know, that is your birthday) I'll be moving back up to Salt Lake. Life as I know it will be changing. It's a surprisingly bitter sweet change. While I'm excited for something new in my life, I know I'm going to miss the people and things I've come to love while in St. George. Yesterday I put my notice in at work (April 30th, I know it's far away, but for transfer purposes I had to.). Change is good, scary, but good. I feel like change is something I really need in my life right now. I feel like I've been stuck in a rut for the last couple of months. So my goal for the next month is to enjoy my remaining time in St. George. I know that once I get home I'm going to miss so much about Dixie.

Being down here has been such a growing experience. I think I've really become the person I'm going to be. I think that starts to happen when mom and and aren't around to second questions decisions, and you learn through trial and error. There have been some lessons learned the hard way, but I wouldn't trade them. I never used to believe people when they would say "I'm grateful for my trials", I feel like now I'm honestly thankful for them. Life isn't meant to be easy, were not forced to learn and grow when we aren't tired. My time in St. George has been wonderful and horrible, happy and sad, I've laughed and I've cried. Through it all I've grown and learned.

So here I am at the end of a chapter of life and about to embark on the next one. Who knows what's next for me in life, marriage, a mission, college?! I have no idea, but I'm looking forward to it. I've loved my time in St. George, and I will never forget the people I've met here. Change is good! Just embrace it! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're time in the SG is almost done and you'll be in the SLC all the time. Hooray! I'm sure you'll miss all the good times in SG, but how fun that we'll finally have you around 24 - 7. Double 'cheers' to that!

I love, love you!

Jill Clark said...

I love this! I think looking at change in a positive light makes it so much easier to cope with! You really should enjoy your time left and love every minute! I am glad you didn't forget when my birthday is!!

April Leydsman Mason said...

DON'T GO!!!!!

Amy said...

Well, I for one am excited you are coming back! And I am sure my kids are too! But definitely enjoy your time down there as I look out my window watching the SNOW fall! Yuck. I am done with winter!

Lenice said...

Brooke, you're so great!!!

Annie said...

Loved your comment on my blog. You need to start writing recaps of your own so I can see your takes, too! :) Glad we can be AI BFFs.

Kim said...

Brooke,
Amy gave me that shirt to see if Luke would like it. He did, but sadly, it was too tight on him. I thought I would see if anyone else could benefit from such a cute shirt at the nickel Auction. So, in the end, I think I made a profit of a whole 10 cents! Amy wants some of that dough so we'll have to split it 3 ways. ;)

Enjoy your last few weeks as a resident of St. G.