Ok, let's be honest, I got very little out of conference. I did listen very closely to one talk, Elder Hail. Anyone else catch it?! Really good. He made a couple of points that I really liked.
First... I can't word it quite like him, but he was talking about how many people are facing very limited decisions and limited freedom due to previous poor choices. He then talked about how nothing is outside of the Saviors ability to help us. How cool is that?!
Second, was my favorite, he said that the 3 most sincere words you can say to your spouse is, "I love you." The 4 most caring words you can say is, "We can't afford it." Although I need to work on living that way, I really liked it. (don't worry that I don't have a spouse either!)
Sadly enough, that was about all I got out of conference, but it's something right?! :)
*How lame am I that my "conference recap" consists of ONE talk!*
3 comments:
Brooke! So good to see you this weekend! Your darling!
Brooke, don't worry. His was the only talk I really got to "listen" to as well. But I loved it and it was probably just what I needed to hear.
I really enjoyed Elder Oaks talk on Sunday afternoon. I get to hear limited amounts as well with all my distractions...but that's what I love about Conference. There are so many different speakers, and there is always one that sticks out for a person, depending on their circumstance.
Post a Comment