Thursday, April 17, 2008

Aaron

My mom got into town this morning, we decided to go grab some lunch at Cafe Rio. We got our food and sat down, before to long Aaron was at our table asking if we needed anything. Let me explain to you who Aaron is. Aaron works at Cafe Rio as a bus boy, he is probably in his late 20's and is handicap. He checked on us about four times to clear anything off the table and to make sure we had enough to drink. Seeing is that he doesn't get tips, I was blown away with his desire to serve. Not only was he worried about our table but every other table in the restaurant. He came over to our table just when we were getting ready to leave, he shook my hand and said to my mom, "I'm not trying to hit on your daughter, but she is beautiful! Now I'm a married man, and you should meet my wife, she is perfect! You see I was born handicap, and she takes really good care of me. She only speaks Spanish, but I know Spanish so it's OK. Sometimes I wish I wasn't handicap so I could do something intelligent with my two languages, but Heavenly Father made me this way. He just wants me to be the best me I can be, that's all that matters to him!" My mom and I couldn't believe what he had just said! I was honestly fighting back tears, I couldn't believe this positive outlook he had on life! If anyone every gets the chance to meet Aaron consider yourself lucky!

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Maybe I should be more like Aaron. I think I complain too much!

Have fun with Mom and Jill.