Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Break

I flew home Tuesday night for Christmas break. I had the best time being home and enjoyed every single minute of being with my family! It was the first time since June that we have ALL been together. There was no lack of family time but it was simply wonderful! Tuesday night started with the Jensen Family Christmas Party. It's always good to see cousins and get caught up.
Wednesday brought us Christmas Eve, and Jake. We met at Market Street Grill for breakfast. As always we had so much fun being together.
Christmas Eve night as many siblings that could came out for dinner, and some more family time. After dinner (I wish I had a picture) we went down to Heidi's and played Wii, for those of you who haven't played you really should.
Christmas morning was very different then past Christmas', we didn't get up until eight, which is the first time in my ENTIRE life! (we usually did it at 7 am) We did presents with us single kids, by about 11 the rest of the gang started showing up. We did our Christmas brunch, and then siblings gifts. It was crazy, but it couldn't have been better!
We got cute Maga and Papa Christmas morning. It was so much fun to have them there with us!
Me and Jill Christmas morning, were not really doing anything of consequence, I just really liked this picture.
Opening Presents
I really love this picture!
I don't have a picture for the next event, but Hawkins (Brad my missionaries family) was nice enough to let me go out and talk to him! It was so good to hear from him and get caught up in real time! I hung out with his family for a couple of hours and loved EVERY second of it!
The 26th brought the twins birthdays, we went up to Bountiful to see them and take them to the store to pick out a toy. They found these race tracks, little did we know the effort it would take to assemble these darn things!
Saturday was "Heidi's day" we were at her house by 9:15 and we out to Jordan Landing and did some shopping. At one we met the adults at Pei Wei, and then the girls did some more "necessary" shopping. I just love being with my sisters and enjoyed every minute of it to the MAX!!!!

Saturday night my group of girlfriends from high school got together for a much needed reunion. We decided that our Senior Dinner Dance was the last time we were all together. We went to Market Street Grill for Dinner, and then back to Brooke's house to take a funny, enjoyable, trip down memory lane! I love these girls and consider myself so lucky to have had them!!

Overall I had the perfect trip to Salt Lake! Thanks to everyone who made time to see me! I miss you all already!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post. I'm sorry I didn't get a final goodbye before you left to go back to St. G.

I loved being with you over the holidays. You a beautiful inside and out. Really, you look stunning in all your pics and you are so fun to be with. I'm counting down the days 'til I get to see you again.

Anonymous said...

PS - Love the new color scheme. Very appropriate for January. I was thinking that I need some new table decor for January, and I thought something in the blues would be suitable. Too bad I don't have a blue thing in my house.

Amy said...

Cute post Brooke. I love all the pictures. And I think the one with you and Jill is really so cute. You both look so beautiful in it! It was fun to hang out with you this weekend. We will see you in a couple days!!!

Jill Clark said...

It was SO much fun to have you up here! It looks like you sqeezed SO much into your time up here, I love it!

You are so cute, I love that picture of you and Mom and Dad, so cute. I just love you to pieces!

Paige Hanks said...

We loved spending every second with you I'm so glad we can keep in touch through the fabulous world of blogging! Good luck with school and everything else and I look forward to seeing those pictures from Hawaii! Paige

hbentley said...

I love all those pictures on your blog. I am glad you had the perfect trip up north. It is always fun to be together as a family. I love your black and white jacket. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great family Christmas trip---remember if it weren't for me and Papa you wouldn't be together!!! Glad we had your Mom!!!