Sunday, May 31, 2009

Somethings gotta give.....

Yesterday I went on a hike up to the Bells Canyon waterfalls. Overall it was a mildly embarrassing because I just about had a heart attack at the age of 20. In my defense I did have a cold which made the breathing thing a little bit harder, but I did decide that I am out of shape. So.... I'm going to do something about it. June 13 is our stakes, Stake Family Fun Day, part of fun day is a 5k. I Brooke Jensen am going to RUN it. That means training starts tomorrow, I'm going to get my sorry butt into shape. If anyone is interest in running it with me let me know. It's at 7:00 a.m. on the 13 of June, and best of all it's free! Wish me luck!

9 comments:

jenny said...

It actually on the 13th,..

Jacob said...

SWEET!

Good luck on the race. I hope you set a course record!

Jill Clark said...

I'll be there with you! That will be fun to run together, hopefully I can keep up with you!

Shannon said...

Awesome goal! And I loved your hiking story. The whole time I was thinking that the same thing would happen to me. Maybe I should run a 5K too!

Amy said...

I wish I could be there to see you all cross the finish line or better yet run with you! Good luck and keep us posted on your training!

Anonymous said...

I'll be with you in spirit June 13---let us know the ourcome.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Can't spell--outcome instead of ourcome.

hbentley said...

Good for you Brooke. I hope the training and raceing goes well. i think I will join Maga on this one. I will be with you in spirit.

Andrea said...

No thanks!:) I don't feel the need to get in shape--too lazy. Good luck to you though!