Monday, May 12, 2008

My Big Brother

I have the best big brother any girl could ever ask for! My brother Jake is the best! Jake has been living in New York for the past two school semesters. I cannot even begin to explain how much the family has missed having him around! Jake always brings so much to every family event, from his sense of humor, to his intelligence, to the funny things that make Jake, Jake! Me, my mom, and Jill get to go back to New York to visit him! I'm so excited to go see my brother's life in The Big Apple! Jake is so cute and thoughtful, here are a few of my favorite "Cute Jake" stories!
-My birthday is the day before Valentines, I always hated it! My birthday was always so much fun, and then the next day was always a downer! My brother had heard me say this one day, he had also heard me say that yellow roses are my favorite. I woke up on my birthday to find a dozen yellow roses and a note from Jake on my dresser. It made my day, and I still think it's probably the cutest thing anyone has ever done for me!
-As mentioned me, mom, and Jill are going to New York next week. We tried to get tickets to go see Live with Regis and Kelly, but couldn't get any. So cute Jake called my mom last week to tell her he got her tickets to the show! He was too excited to wait until Mother's day to tell her, which makes it even more cute!

-Going back to Valentines day, this past Valentines day I was at work when someone came in to deliver flowers. Knowing there was no way they were for me, but they were! I had no idea who would have sent me flowers, but I could not have been more excited to see they were from Jake! Not only did he send me flowers, but my other two sisters who aren't married. We were all so impressed with Jake!

These are just a few reasons why we love Jake so much! He really is the best big brother!

4 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I totally agree with you! Jake is one in a million! We are so lucky to have him! He really is so thoughtful! I'm so excited to get to see him so much in the coming months!

Amy said...

LOVE Jake! I second what everyone has said. It just isn't the same without him here. We all miss him here at the Jensen Hoard.

hbentley said...

That is such a nice thing to write. Jake is amazing. He will make some girl very lucky. Enjoy the Big Apple with him!!

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head - all the Neiders are big Jake fans as well. You're lucky you get to be with him in NYC. We can't wait for him to come back. He is so thoughtful.