Friday, May 2, 2008
One is the loneliest number!
The moment I have been hoping never would come has. Come Monday I'm in St. George all my my onesie! Brooke has left for Europe, Whitney leaves on Sunday, and Monday morning Annie goes home. My closest friends from work will all be gone by Wednesday. Brooke is already gone, Heather left yesterday, and Jeff leaves on Wednesday. I believe that I am cursed, anyone that I have gotten close to down here is gone! My fears for summer are all beginning to set in, I have been literally sick when I've thought to much into things. I could not be more scared for this, I have been so excited, but now that it's here I'm terrified! I know things always have a way of working themselves out, but it's so hard to see that right now. I have been missing my family like CRAZY this past week! I'm dying to see all of my cute nieces and nephews. I feel like I'm missing out on so much down here. So to anyone reading this I miss you like crazy, and I can't wait to see you guys next weekend. I'm sorry this post is such a downer! I am excited to see Mom, Dad, and Jenny on Monday! Wish you guys could stay a little longer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Brooke,
I think it speaks volumes of your maturity that you are the only one staying put in St. George this summer. While many others do the "high school" thing and take summers off, you are responsible enough to commit to a full-time job and maintain some constancy. I admire you.
I am looking forward to your impending visit - two weeks from tomorrow!
I know how you feel! I totally felt that way when Heidi and Brad moved away from Logan. It sucks missing family things too. I really missed you last night and at all the family things we do!
I know it's hard, but you will grow and have good experiences. Logan was way hard for me, but I look back and loved the time I had there and wish I would have appreciated it more.
Call me if you ever need to talk or need a connection to Salt Lake!
Also, only two weeks and you get to be with me and mom 24/7!!! Jake probably won't want to be with us that much, but if so, you get to be with him too!
Oh, Brooke. You are missed by everyone up here too. I agree with Jake. I'm proud of you for not taking the easy road.
You're the best. Love you!!!
Hey Debbie Downer!!! Brooke I think you are doing the right thing by staying in St. George. I remember when I lived in that one place, that must not be named. Hearing all the family things was hard. I remember the family haveing a big birthday for Dad's 50. I was so sad. I think this is a great opportunity to come a little out of your comfort zone and meet some new people. I know you will be fine. Trips to St. George are always a must. Look at the bright side, mom and dad will be down soon and then you will be up here of the blessing. Look for the postive, and if anyone can do it you can.
I will just say ditto to everyone elses comments! I have never lived away from family or even on my own at all, so kuddos to you for doing it!
Oh and to give you something else to look forward to I am planning on coming down to St. George (with just my girls) the first week in June and I think Heidi will come with me too and I guess whoever else wants to.
Post a Comment