Monday, June 9, 2008

THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!

Well enough of my Debbie Downer posts, no one comments on them and I love comments. It's been a rough past week adjusting to my new life here in St. George. All week I was looking forward to my new ward, a way to finally meet people. Sunday rolled around and I found myself dreading church, I starting thinking of every possible bad thing that could happen. I sucked it up and was TEN minutes early. I walked in and was met by a happy welcoming bishop, he got my information and made me feel like I had been in the ward for months. The sweetest most humble Polynesian conducted sacrament meeting, he was adorable, although a little difficult to understand through his thick accent. Sacrament meeting was good, although to be honest I didn't get a ton out of it because I was scoping out possible prospects. (they are a few) When the meeting ended I had no idea where Sunday school was, I seriously thought about leaving. No one would have noticed. Just as I was going to leave a girl came up to me and said, "You're Brooke, right?" I have never seen her before in my entire life, she introduced herself and told me where Sunday school was. ( I later found out she is the Relief Society president) I made my way to Sunday school and sat in the back row, I know I put a lot into meeting new people. I sat next to a girl and her boyfriend, after Sunday school she introduced herself to me informed the Relief Society was in the same room, and got to know me. The Relief Society lesson was really good, and I loved the girls there. They were all so nice and welcoming! Many prayers were answered yesterday, and I'm so grateful for that. I think I'm really going to like my new ward. I love that no matter where you go, what ward your in, or who is teaching, the gospel is always the same!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad it went okay. And I am glad there are a few prospects for the future Mr. Brooke Jensen!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm seriously so happy you had a good experience at church. Now you'll stay active. Whew! You're brave to stay down there and make new friends. I'm really proud of you. Thanks for being such a good example to all of us.

Can't wait to see you at the end of the month. This is going to be big!!!

hbentley said...

Brooke, you are AWESOME!!! I think one of the hardest things for me in all of our moving is going into a new ward. I hate it and I have Brad. That says something that you would go and stay. You are a great example. I know that you will make lots of new friends. Seriously, who wouldn't want to be your friend?
I love you and look forward to our trip in 2 weeks.

Kirstin said...

I'm proud of you, too! I'm glad you described your experience because it reminded me how important it is for me to be friendly and welcoming. I'm going to do better! Thanks.

Kirstin said...

PS Remember that if people aren't friendly to you, it might mean they don't know anyone either and/or are also shy. They might NEED YOU to make the first move for friendship. :) You are so sweet, cute, and fun. Won't be long until you have a groupies.