Tuesday, June 17, 2008
I'm done with FHE!!!!
Last night I went to Family Home Evening for the first time in my new ward. Big mistake... I got there and they asked my to play the piano, I hate when people in my ward know I can play. After the lesson, the second counselor asked me if I would meet with him for a minute. We walked to the bishops office and he said, "Can I talk to you for a minute in here?" I said, "Sure, as long as I'm not getting a calling!" He just stared blankly back at me, I knew I was in trouble. He started to explain to me that I had made some comments in Relief Society two weeks before that impressed Sister Noble. (the relief society president)(I also want to know what I said that impressed someone, lets be honest, I'm not the deepest of people!) He said, " I know this is all happening fast, but sometimes when the Lord knows he wants something he doesn't waste anytime." He then extended a calling to me. Wonderful, I'm now the Enrichment Director, or something like that. I left the office a little over whelmed, ok really over whelmed! We have an activity in two weeks that I need to pull together! As I was walking out I ran into the Bishop and we started talking, the other counselor showed up as well. He said, "How would you like to speak on Sunday?" I started laughing, he couldn't be serious! I've only been in the ward for two weeks. He stared blankly back and me and said, "I'm being serious!" I just stared back and him waiting for him to show a sign of sarcasm, no such luck. He said, "Wonderful your topic is Miracles and Jesus Christ." So I'm speaking on Sunday. I left FHE feeling over whelmed, but knowing that prayers had just been answered! I did learn a very valuable lesson, DON'T GO TO FHE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is so funny! You have just confirmed why I do not go to church activities!!! Good luck with all of it, you will do great!
Bummer! You should ask if you can speak in two weeks instead of this Sunday so we can all be there to hear it. That would be awesome!
Sounds like they're pretty excited to have you in the ward. You will be the best activity director. You are the queen of fun. It must have been inspired! :)
I think you'll do a fantastic job. It's neat that you're such a wanted woman!! When I get overwhelmed by a calling(s) I always think of this guote: "God does not begin by asking us about our ability, only about our availability. If we prove our dependability, he will increase our capability." It always gives me hope. I'm sure I blotched it up and I don't remember who it's by. Anyway, you'll do GREAT. (Oh, and don't give up on FHE...I always discovered the cutest boys there. :) )
Brookeless! You will do great in your calling and with your talk! I would love to do lunch next time you're in town! Email me your number. kaliekarenjohnson@gmail.com
Very funny! And a very good lesson learned. Good luck with your talk and calling. You will do great. I know it!
Congrats on the calling! That is way exciting you will do great things! Oh and thank you for the warning for FHE, now i know not to go. Love you Much!
Post a Comment